|Server Management - Take 2
By: Talibar Zukro , on: 2015-03-21 11:42:15
|I also forgot to mention that with the new VPS, I am also able to create server side applications to run. What does this mean for us???|
1) I can implement a pretty decent weather system for our planets and cities, eventually.
2) Admin NPC's can actually perform AI actions without anyone asking to.
3) Day night transitions can occur for the planets that can be consistent for everyone.
4) No more CRON jobs. I know people swear by the CRON's but I have several set up and while when they work they perform marvelously, I would prefer to use the server side apps to perform these functions. CRON's Will be there to run as a back up however in case the SSA's fail.
5) Timed or delayed functions can be better performed as well.
6) Private Messaging capabilities via Java Applet.
And there are many other benefits to this as well, but I thought it would be good for you to hear what I have envisioned.